Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Other Problems and Changes

The challenges with my role playing game book would be my age group. I know that an 8 year old boy already likes role playing, but a 6 year old might not be able to follow the story. Although 6 year olds do play role playing games when they play with dolls and action figures.

I would use Dungeons and Dragon as a guide to creating this game. They use stats. The stats for my game could be the needs of the animal or plant. For example, if the character was a bear, they would need 5/5 water, Health (could be effected by garbage and pollution), 5/5 salmon (which could be jeopardized), etc. And stats will change throughout the story. The parent or child could keep track of the stats, depending on the child's interest level and age.

No comments: